I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all parents, especially those with children just starting at our school, to the Prenton Preparatory School Parents Association (PPSPA). As a Parent or Guardian of a child attending our school, you are automatically a member of the Association.
The primary function of the PPSPA is to foster and strengthen the links between parents, families, teachers and the school. We aim to do this by creating a dialogue along a number channels, bringing in ideas and passion into supporting the school. Throughout the year the committee hold a number of fund raising and social events to improve facilities and provide activities for the benefit of all our children.
The PPSPA is not a traditional “PTA” as it has no say in the running of the school or with the academic content of the school day. It does, however, have a close working relationship with the Head teacher and all the staff, who support each event with enthusiasm and commitment. The PPSPA has over the last couple of years provided the following:
- New School Minibus
- Tablet Computers
- Laptops and Projectors
- New playground and sports equipment
- 50% of the cost of the annual Year 6 overnight stay at Barnstondale Activity Centre.
Throughout the School Year, we organise a variety of fund raising events such as:
- Christmas Fair – a festive celebration held shortly before the end of term, when Santa himself drops in for a flying visit.
- Easter "Eggstravaganza" – a showcase for the artistic talents of all the children, with Easter-themed displays judged by the parents.
- School Disco - a local DJ provides entertainment for infants and juniors.
- Summer Fair – a large variety of stalls and games for everyone to enjoy from Bouncy Castles to Tombolas, and not forgetting the very popular Stocks (with incarcerated Teachers!).
- Summer Barbeque – an opportunity to cement the “Family” atmosphere engendered throughout the School. A professional entertainer adds to the fun.
We are looking for ideas for events to be run by and for the parents of the school, so if you have some thoughts get in touch!!
To keep the Association alive and growing we need help with the following:-
- Parents who can support Parents Association events
- Bringing new ideas to the agenda - new events, relationships with sports clubs and local businesses, innovations that can be brought to the school.
- Parents who can spare a little of their time to join as a Committee member. Meetings tend to last 1-2 hrs and are held usually once every couple of months (dependent on timings of events).
- Donations and raffle prizes.
- Helping out at our events whether in manning a stall, doing some shopping for stock, helping to set up or tidy away.
This is your Association and if you feel that you can help in any way, please contact me via [email protected]
or directly as detailed below.
Mr Ravi Sibal